2020 Session 1: Enhanced Forms: Why Configurable Forms Are a Lifesaver

Welcome to the discussion board for our first Customer Roundtables session, Enhanced Forms: Why Configurable Forms Are a Lifesaver.

MasterControl Backline Support Engineer @Christopher.Gumpper will be live answering questions starting at 12:45 p.m. EDT on August 11. You can ask questions before the session and the live Cafe conversation and interact with fellow customers in this board.

If you haven’t heard of Customer Roundtables, go to this challenge that explains this new, live series and how you can sign up for future sessions.

Introduce yourself and tag Chris if you have a question you’d like him to answer.

3 Likes

Hi All,

I’m excited to hang out with you guys for a bit. My name is Christopher and I’ve been with MasterControl for 3 years. Before that I was a System Administrator at the Minnesota Department of Health. I have a regulatory background working in the regulated environmental laboratory industry for more than 10 years. I hope we can get you excited about getting rid of your paper processes!

Christopher

2 Likes

If we install the Enhanced Forms in our Dev site and decide not to pursue, can this site be reverted to the original version to match our other 2 sites?

Hey Sean,

Great question. If you install it in your dev site and decide not to move forward at this time, yes we can revert your dev site. The easiest way to do this is by doing a Copy of your prod environment to your dev environment.

1 Like

Thanks for a great overview of some of the new features @Inactive-Member-52980426! For customers who have implemented Version 1 of FBS forms and want to upgrade to the new Enhanced Forms, will this require or involve a name change to all of the workflows, templates, and role names? They all currently contain/start with FBS and there could potentially be 500+ roles to update.

Hi everyone - happy to continue the conversation from our roundtable. Please be sure to tag me @kimberly.jackson if you’d like me to answer a question.

Hello,

This question is for anyone. If we are looking to begin implementing FBS forms, what would you recommend to begin with and Why?

Also, how have companies helped users implement the switch if there is hesitation and a little resistance?

Thank you.

Awesome question Matthew. No your role names do not need to change, and the workflow names for all of Enhanced Forms/FBS are not supposed to ever change. You will still want to keep your designation key code for each of your sites at 4 characters or fewer so that the IDs don’t get messed up. But you can use the exact same roles.

Hi Matt! None of the workflow or role names change except fro Action Item and Extension Request–it should be a fairly seamless process. The only new roles are the one I mentioned for MOC and a one that enables the API to function (performance enhancement).
Hope that answers your question!

Hi Carina, I recommend beginning with MOC–it’s the end point for the closed loop QEM process, so you’re basically working from the end up to the beginning. This ensures all of your configuration is in place for processes to flow cleanly from one to the other.

In terms of overcoming hesitation–in my experience, the hesitation is generally overcome when the users see the functionality that they’re getting.

Hi Christopher,

My name is Aniko Perez. I’m the sysadmin for MasterControl at Ology Bioservices. We are currently using most of the FBS forms and would like to switch to the new enhanced MOC because we would like to use the step due dates with the extension requests instead the overall due dates. We are going to upgrade our current version 2019.3 at the end of the year.

1. Does it automatically means that our FBS forms will be upgraded to the enhanced forms or do we need to request it separately?
  2. How is upgrading FBS forms to enhanced forms effect in-process records?
  3. Does the new enhanced forms need to be re-validated?
    Thank you.
    Aniko

Hi, Carina.
We did Customer Complaints first because we had an old system we wanted to get rid of. I found that Non-conformance had a good flow form there to Issue Review to CAPA. We require going to Issue Review before moving to CAPA.
I got a lot of resistance at first, but I did lots of training and hand holding, and I think they have finally gotten the hang of it.

Hi @christopher.gumpper Given the current FBS MOC doesn’t have extension request options, will the Enhanced Form of MOC have the ability, or will the Enhanced Form Extension Request need to be used instead? On that note, will the other Enhanced Forms (CAPA, Issue Review) still have extension request ability?

In regards to configurations and changes to the configurations for the FBS/Enhanced forms, how are these controlled? Are they revision controlled? Is there a history where we can review past configurations of the form?

Hi @christopher.gumpper. Can we try out the new enhanced Action Item and Extension Request forms in DEV and then decide to pursue in PROD?

Hello Justin, the Form Template InfoCard is revisioned, so you can track it that way. However, data structures are still not controlled or revisioned, so you may want to export and retain an excel file containing your previous settings before moving to the new version.

I have the least understanding of what the MOC form covers. Is there a place of reference that gives a breakdown of the different form options?

Aniko awesome questions. I love that you are thinking ahead like this and I always love working with you and Jodie on FBS.

1. The upgrade to 2019.3 will not include the upgrade for enhanced forms. You would want to ensure you work with your Customer Account Rep or your TAM to ensure they get you set up for that upgrade.
  2. When we upgrade to enhanced forms all of your already launched forms will follow the same V1 configuration you always had.
  3. This has to be a business choice. I highly recommend utilizing the VXT tool to aid in determining your risk profile and options. As a general answer. All regulated environments require that you have validated your system to ensure appropriate compliance with the standard.